Monday, March 4, 2013

Dinner tonight plus some

Hi all!

I'm back writing again- I am truly amazed by myself right now. It's crazy how much more time I have when I'm not checking facebook every 5 minutes (sad but true) ;)

 Anyway, I know you are all wondering what we are having for dinner tonight, so I thought I'd share with you especially since the recipe is already typed up on the internet for me, how convenient! We are having a favorite of Dr. Fuhrman's Eat to Live followers- Golden Australian Cauliflower Cream Soup. Again, I will be making a double recipe, so we can hopefully have this for lunches and dinners the next couple days. Before I had munchkie #2, there were few recipes I made more than once unless they were truly outstanding (I will post some favorites by the way). I used to try a new recipe almost every night and unfortunately, we had a lot of bad or mediocre meals! Now, I don't care to experiment as often and just want to eat something yummy and healthy. While this soup may not be my favorite of Dr. Fuhrman's, it is yummy enough, extremely healthy, salt-free for hubby, and a one bowl meal! So without further ado, here is the link to the recipe

http://www.eaturveggies.com/cauliflower-cream-soup/

If you have any questions about the recipe, please ask! I will add that if you do not have a Vitamix or really good blender, I would probably soak the cashews for a couple hours or overnight so they are easier to blend, or just use cashew butter and stir it in at the end. The recipe calls for 1 cup of cashews, so I would use 1/2 cup cashew butter if you choose to make that substitution.

 Now that I've shared our dinner (which I really need to start soon!), I know you're just dying to know what I had for lunch. After the girls and I took an afternoon nap, I had an extremely late lunch,  which consisted of carrots and broccoli with hummus to dip in, and apples and peanut butter. Claire (aka munchkie #1) wanted her own bowl of hummus to eat- no veggies, just hummus and a spoon. When I moved on to the peanut butter and apples, she ate just the peanut butter. Here was a picture I was able to snap of Claire on the left. Picture #2 on the right is Leah- about time I posted one of her! By the way, a year ago today I found out I was pregnant with little Leah- hard to believe how quickly time has gone...Oh and just a little tidbit about me, I am really good with dates- birthdays and anniversaries especially- tell me your birthday and I will remember it forever! Seriously.



Like I mentioned above, I will now post two of the recipes I've made several times, because they were that good. Keep in mind, we generally eat a pretty low-salt diet, so I can't promise you'll love these recipes as much as we do, but hopefully you do! Enjoy!

http://wholefoodforthewholefamily.blogspot.com/2011/01/cheesy-kale-soup.html
   -In this recipe, I sub tahini for the cashew butter and it is goooood!

http://ohsheglows.com/2011/10/05/red-lentil-and-squash-curry-stew/
  - In this recipe, I sub carrot juice for the veggie broth for a salt-free version- also delicious!

These soups go fast in our house...



No comments:

Post a Comment