Tuesday, March 5, 2013

More Favorites

Well for whatever reason, I'm on a blogging roll- we'll see how long this lasts! There were a couple recipes that I meant to post links for yesterday but forgot, so here I am today to share them with you!

As you can tell, I'm really into soups. I just love that you can have lots of leftovers after making a big hearty soup, and as I said before, I freaking love leftovers. So, I wanted to share with you another Mama Pea recipe, Lemon Lentil Soup, that I've made a few times now, and intend to make again next week. It is delish! I love that there is very little salt in it, but tons of flavor, and that both munchkie and Dada love it too! It's a great way to get some leafy greens into that munchkie, especially if they're cut up small and hard to avoid once shrunken down in the soup :) I usually make this soup with low-sodium veggie broth- I have yet to try it with carrot juice but will soon! I also make it with spinach instead of the bok choy she has listed. Hope you like it if you try it!

http://peasandthankyou.com/recipage/?recipe_id=6000511

Another recipe worth mentioning, not a soup, but a dip, is Chocolate Covered Katie's cookie dough dip. Oh my heavens. A-mazing! And I've only made the no-sugar version! Yes it has beans in it, but you barely taste them at all. I have added a couple extra dates and a little extra almond butter and that takes away the bean-y flavor. I usually just eat this plain because it is that good, but I have also dipped apples into it and that was very delicious also. Surprise surprise, Claire just eats this with a spoon as well :) I'm trying to limit my chocolate intake these days, so I've thought about modifying this recipe and making it more like an oatmeal raisin cookie dip- sub raisins for the chocolate chips and add a few oats and there you go! Done and done.

http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2011/09/27/new-recipe-sugar-free-cookie-dough-dip/

So in the ten minutes I have left before my reality tv (aka The Taste!) and ironing starts, I will share my tentative dinner plan for the next few days. We are out of cauliflower soup, so tomorrow I think I'll make the cheezy kale soup that I posted the link for yesterday, and hope that lasts us through Thursday's dinner. Friday could be something very simple like beans, greens, and rice or possibly this asparagus and chickpea casserole (http://blog.fatfreevegan.com/2010/09/asparagus-and-chickpea-casserole.html) from Fat Free Vegan Kitchen if I have the energy, as Brant was requesting to use the asparagus in the fridge soon. I have made that casserole a couple times before and it was pretty good!

What meals do you have planned for the rest of the week? Or are you just a cook-by-the-seat-of-your-pants kind of gal/guy?

No comments:

Post a Comment